This recipe was created by Primalista Char in QLD which she shared on Instagram @primalalternative_bychar it was such a well received post that I decided to blog it for easier access in the future.
The recipe is made using our Low Carb Pancake & Waffle Mix and you can whip up a delicious slice for your family in no time at all and with very little effort. It is low carb, dairy free, can be egg free.
What better way to feed a bunch of hubby’s cycling mates on a fresh weekend morning other than pancakes! I created a pancake ‘slice’ using @primalalternative’s low carb pancake and waffle mix, topped with organic wild blueberries and raspberries and a touch of edible flowers to finish it off! They flew off the plate and the boys took leftovers home! I can’t think of a better compliment!
- One packet of Primal Alternative Low Carb Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 eggs or chia eggs
- 1/4 cup of your preferred sweetener, Char used coconut sugar but you could use xylitol, erythritol or normal sugar
- Cup of mixed berries
- Edible flowers (optional but pretty!)
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees
- Line a slice tray (or loaf tin)
- Make the pancake mix according to the instructions adding the sweetener to the mix.
- Pour the mix into the prepared tray and sprinkle with the berries.
- Bake for about 25 mins until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool then slice and decorate with edible flowers if desired.
Primal Alternative is a grain free food range. Explore our range of breads, pizzas, wraps, pastries, cookies and pancakes here.
Primal Alternative isn’t made in a factory, its home made with love by a Primal Alternative Producer near you.
The Primal Alternative business model empowers women to be accountable to their purpose.
To find out more about becoming a Primal Alternative Producer head here: www.primalalternative.com/licence
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Primal Alternative Founder