Save this winter warmer for when you’re in the mood for some hearty nourishing comfort food!
Look I admit – it ain’t a pretty pic – but it tastes SO GOOD, the whole fam LOVED IT and so I had to share.
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 800g chicken thigh fillet cut into 4cm pieces
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced & washed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon potato starch mixed with 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 sheet Primal Alternative Pastry thawed and rolled out between 2 pieces baking paper
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat add ghee, celery & leek and cook for 5 minutes, or until leek is soft.
- Add chicken and cook 5 minutes.
- Pour in stock and potato starch/wine mixture and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in herbs and peas and season to taste.
- Spoon chicken filling into a 2 litre ovenproof pie dish and set aside to cool slightly.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Drape pastry over pie, pressing edges firmly into the rim of the dish.
- Brush pastry lid with egg wash and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite steamed veg.
This pie uses an incredible short crust grain-free pastry that we proudly make in collab with @jowhitton