This recipe is the creation of Primalista Sue, who was having fun with our Low Carb Pancake Mix. The Primalistas and I couldn’t wait to try it ourselves and we shared the delicious results on our social media. “I want these – how can I make them!” cried our followers! So Primalista Helen put together this recipe for you and I am so happy to share it with you here.
You will need to buy a Donut Mould to make these, I found a Tupperware one on eBay but they are widely available and a worthy addition to your baking equipment due to this high fun factor! My dubious husband and kids were totally bowled over by these Donuts and we now sometimes have them for breakfast on Sundays instead of Waffles. I know right! Donuts for breakfast!
But of course these aren’t your regular mainstream donuts, made with inflammatory and oxidative stress inducing ingredients like GMO seed oil, anti nutrient flour, additives, colours and preservatives that will make you go from YAY to urgh very quickly.
These Donuts are almonds, eggs, spice, bicarb soda, coconut oil & an unrefined sweetener in disguise. Go from YAY and stay at YAY! And, if you ask me, THIS Primal Alternative to a Donut beats a mainstream Donut any day of the week! But you can be the judge of that and try them for yourself – I just LOVE to see your creations, so be sure to tag me in @primalalternative
Pic by Primalista Helen in Byron Bay, NSW.
- Primal Alternative Low Carb Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs preferred sweetener such as maple syrup, xylitol, erythritol, monk fruit
- 1 cup preferred sweetener, needs to be granular like normal sugar, maple syrup won’t work here
- 1 tbs cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Mix all donut ingredients together in a high speed blender, food processor or bowl.
- Pour into donut tins (makes 12)Bake for 15mins at 180 degrees.
- Combine sweetener and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Remove donuts from tins while hot, brush with melted coconut oil and roll in sweetener/cinnamon mix.
Become a Primal Alternative Producer
Just like you, lots of people want grain free, gluten free and low carb alternatives. If you love having fun in the kitchen, want to develop your confidence, collaborate with other women, have fantastic back up and bake beautiful Primal Alternative Breads & Cookies then look into our Primal Alternative Licence.
Primalista Terri says “the start up is good value. You don’t know until you give it a go!”
Have a blast doing something that is just for you in the health & wellness space and meet the incredible demand for our products.
Everything’s already ready for you.
If you want to join the growing number of Primal Alternative small businesses and feel empowered, check out this video and book a time for a chat.