At Primal Alternative we’re all about making grain-free clean living EASY. That’s why we offer wholesome, nutrient-dense convenience foods like bread – home made with love – not in a factory! But here’s our little secret… grain-free bread baking is super easy. As we always say there are no artisan baking skills required to be a Primalista. Our recipes are simple – just measure, mix, pour and bake!
Here is a lovely light herb bread for you to try at home. I’m loving it toasted with butter or a little avocado and tomato and am totally looking forward to enjoying it with root vegetable soups in the winter months.
This recipe can be made in your Thermomix, or any other food processor or you can chop the ingredients and mix by hand. You don’t need a Thermomix to be a Primalista.
If sesame seed allergies are a concern (or you don’t have them) simply substitute with linseeds which also give a beautiful result.
This is a popular low carb recipe and you’ll get about 13 slices and 2 crusts per loaf. Tip: slice and freeze and toast to thaw each time you fancy toast!
Grain-Free Herb Bread
40g sesame seeds (or linseeds)
10g mixed fresh herbs (e.g. parsley, chives, sage, thyme, rosemary)
120g zucchini (roughly chopped)
150g blanched almond meal
120g tapioca flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp bicarb soda
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp sesame seeds (additional)
1 tsp linseeds
- Preheat oven to 180⁰C. Line small loaf tin (20cm x 10cm) with baking paper.
- Place sesame seeds in the bowl and mill for 10 seconds on speed 9, or mill in your food processor. Set aside.
- Place fresh herbs in bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 8, or chop in your food processor or by hand.
- Add zucchini to bowl and grate for 3 seconds on speed 8. Scrape down bowl and repeat, or chop in your food processor or grate by hand, no need to squeeze out moisture.
- Return ground sesame seeds to bowl and add all remaining ingredients.
- Mix for 20 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down bowl and repeat, or mix until combined.
- Pour into lined tin. Tap tin on the counter 3-4 times to remove any air bubbles.
- Sprinkle top with additional sesame seeds and linseeds.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Cool on rack and store refrigerated in an airtight container.
Watch Primal Alternative Founder H demonstrate this faff free recipe
Wow how delicious and faff free does this recipe look? Kyra shared this recipe and demonstrated it ON STAGE at a Thermomix Open House in 2018. Kyra felt a bit star struck as she stepped on the main stage after Fouad Kassab. She was so nervous beforehand, but did it anyway and had a blast. How cool is that? Kyra has been a Primal Alternative Producer for over three years now. I love how Kyra has taken inspired action on her enthusiasm for clean living and created a lifestyle she loves with her family and young children.
Fancy joining us?
If you would like to become a Primalista, like Kyra, and do something you love, from home, contribute in a meaningful way, grow and have new experiences, then check out this video to find out more.
Love baking and want to help others? Find out more about becoming a Primalista here.
I can’t wait to watch you make baking your business and help change lives.
Primal Alternative Founder