This is my go to absolute fave week day work lunch! I make a batch of the Lamb Burgers then freeze them. I thaw a burger, then re heat in the sandwich press for a quick lunch option! So good! Who needs a bun?
I first had this bun less burger made from beef mince at a local organic cafe – they called it ‘The Helen Burger’! Unfortunately that cafe is now closed, so I did my best to recreate it at home. I prefer lamb mince as it is just so tasty and barely needs anything added to make it yum.
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 4-inch sprig rosemary, chopped
- 4 sprigs thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Optional to serve
- sliced cheese – I love camembert or brie with this
- onion jam
- sprinkle of nuts and seeds
- 4 thick slices tomato
- cucumber, capsicum, carrot, avocado and/or whatever salady stuff you have on hand
- spiralised beetroot (optional)
- 1 cup mixed salad greens dressed with olive oil and balsamic
- Preheat pan or BBQ for medium heat.
- Thoroughly mix lamb mince, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together in a bowl, I do this by hand smushing it all together; shape into 4 patties.
- Cook the burgers until they are beginning to firm and are hot and slightly pink in the centre, about 5 minutes per side. Alternately, you can cook the burgers to your desired degree of doneness. Rest burgers while assembling toppings and salad
- Add salad greens to plate, then tomato, cucumber etc, then burger, top with cheese, onion jam, sprinkle on nuts and seeds and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic