- 1 Packet of Primal Alternative Low Carb Pancake Mix
- 25 g butter
- 160 g any milk
- 500 g organic icing sugar
- 50 g Cacao
- Shredded coconut to coat
- Preheat oven to 190C. Butter and line a 20cm square cake tin and set aside.
- Prepare Low Carb Pancake Mix as per instructions on the packet.
- Pour into prepared tin, spin to level and bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden and springy to touch. Cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto rack to cool completely. Freeze for 30 minutes before cutting.
- Place butter and milk into mixing bowl and cook 2 min/80 C/speed 2.
- Add sugar and cacao and blend for 20 – 25 sec/speed 4.
- Trim sides of sponge and cut cake into 16 equal sized cubes. Scatter coconut over a tray.
- Pour icing into deep bowl. Using tongs, put each piece of cake into icing and coat liberally. Place onto coconut, push coconut up onto sides and on top to finish. Transfer to flat tray lined with baking paper. Repeat until all are covered, refreshing coconut if necessary.
- Allow icing to set before serving.
These Lamingtons are a cheeky ‘real deal’ treat for a special occasion, when you don’t mind a bit of sugar, but want to avoid gluten and grains. Picture credit goes to Primalista Tannielle who has added a bit of jam in the middle of her Lamingtons for an extra hit of yum! Enjoy!