Friday night is pizza night here in the Marshall household! Primal Alternative Pizza Bases are a staple in the freezer, ready to be whipped out for a ‘night off cooking’ takeaway takeaway vibe…ahhhh.
Each member of the family loves making their own pizza – they get to be creative, they get what they want, which means – they eat it – yay!
We found tomato paste way too boring (to be honest this is tomato paste in the featured pic as I couldn’t get a good picture of the Pizza Sauce! It is more of an orange colour!). The shop bought Pizza Sauces were a bit sugar heavy, so we made our own!
It is so easy to make, if you don’t have a Thermomix, just simmer and reduce slowly on the stove, in a bigger pan if you are in a hurry. One batch will last for a couple of pizza nights.
The garlic makes this a potent anti parasitic healing food, and the sauce is a great place to smuggle a couple of handfuls of spinach. Primal Alternative Pizza Bases are made of nutrient dense stuff like eggs and almond meal – so together it really lifts the nutrition of the meal. Pizza Night that is good for you – now you’re talking!
- 1 brown or red onion, cut into quarters, or diced if you are doing stove top
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped if doing stove top
- 400g tomatoes or tin of
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 handful of herbs (basil is my fave, parsley works well too) or 2 teaspoons of dried
- 2 handfuls of spinach (optional)
- Add onion to Thermomix and chop speed 4 for 5 seconds.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil and cook 100 degrees, speed one for 3 minutes, or gently sautée the onion on the stove top.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook, speed 1, 100 degrees for 10 minutes with mixing cup off and simmering basket on top of lid.
- Blend for 30 seconds speed 8, or blend using a stick blender.
How easy is that?