This is a delicious bulk cook soup recipe to use all of those veggies you have on hand. Savoury Paleo Muffins with this Gut Nourishing Veggie Soup are quite simply a match made in heaven!
- Tablespoon of coconut oil or other quality fat
- 1 large onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 stick of celery or 100g celeriac, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 600g of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 100g pumpkin, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1.5 litres of chicken or beef bone broth or vegetable stock
- 400g of tomatoes, roughly chopped (or a tin of)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Chives, chopped to serve
Heat the fat in a large saucepan over a medium heat and sauté the onion, carrot, celery/celariac, garlic and ginger for 5 minutes. Add the curry powder and cook for a further minute or until fragrant.
Stir in the cauliflower, broth or stock, pumpkin and tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer with the lid on for about 20 minutes or until the veggies are soft when poked with a knife.
Puree the soup in batches in the Thermomix of your food processor or use a stick blender. Stir in the lemon juice and then ladel into bowls or mugs to serve and top with chives.
This nourishing soup freezes well and makes an awesome quick lunch or dinner. My kids take this to school in a Thermos flask. Too easy.